Hi Sean,

On Nov 27, 11:01 am, Sean McNeil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There are a few things you can check:
>
> 1) Make sure you have an ALSA audio device enabled in your kernel.
> 2) Check from a shell if the directory /dev/snd is created and if there
> is anything in it.
> 3) Provide your /system/etc/asound.conf file that you are using to
> describe the audio devices.

Yes, I have all that. The TWL4030 device is discovered at boot time by
the kernel, and the corresponding devices are created in the /dev/snd
directory (with correct permissions).

The asound.conf file is included in the system, in its correct
location (/system/etc/).

As suggested by Sangsu, I will try aplay, but I don't have much hope.

Could you give more information about the ALSA driver you're using? Do
you have the mixer device called "T2 Master codec configure Switch"
defined in the sound/arm/omap/omap-alsa-twl4030-mixer.c file? I don't,
but I do have a "T2 Master codec Sample Rate" for example.

Thanks,
- Maxime