Hi Devindrappa,

   1. Please send new ppp-log and go through my previous message.
   2. I was right about the  REQUEST_GET_PREFERRED_NETWORK_TYPE  it is for
   2G/3G only.I checked my huawei ril , i have this in it:-

switch (request){

case RIL_REQUEST_SET_PREFERRED_NETWORK_TYPE:
requestSetPreferredNetworkType(data, datalen, t);
break;

and for the function  " requestSetPreferredNetworkType " i'm giving at
commands at+bandset=0 and  AT+CGAATT=2,1,1 which will set my haweui E1732
for gsm only =2,1,2 for 3G only and 2,1,0 for dual mode. You can see in
this forum here forum.xda-developers.com/archive/index.php/t-711753.html .
Search for my said commands and you will find details.

3.  . So obviously you don't have to deal with this. But if you still want
to loose the error continue reading. Maybe the cause for error was your
that your RIL didnot define how to handle the request itself. So it is
giving error that request can't be supported by this ril. Look for the
function "static void onRequest (int request, void *data, size_t datalen,
RIL_Token t)" it will have a switch case statement with "request" as
switch. In that give a case statement as i mentioned above at start of this
message, but don't mention any function to call.leave it blank. That's it
your error should vanish.

4.  If you are keen on working with data connection in RIL. The best the
ril can do for you is give the initialization commands. It cannot setup the
connection, just sends at commands. look for function
"requestSetupDataCall" this will have the initialization commands to be
sent to modem before pppd link. This is the best the ril can do for you
with respect to a data connection. It canNOT setup a data link. You will
have to call pppd for that. The reason we are not using this yet, is bcoz
we can't edit it frequently like the chat script and we didn't figure out
the correct initialization commands yet and it does the exact same thing
the chat script does for us. If the chat scripts fails this will fail as
well. once we have a working connection we can comeback to the RIL. As i
said ril has very little influence, if not none, in establishing a data
connection. So 1st get data connection, then debug ril coz ril  will not
help in data connection in anyway. we can get data connection without ril.
So just concentrate on the pppd logs for the moment. Ignore RIL.

5.  And as for the c program to send at commands. Good idea by venkat. but
you can also do it by cross compiling "echo" if you don't already have it
for ARM. Then you can send any at command by giving command "echo
atd*99***1#  > /dev/ttyS0". You can also use "write" instead. May be cat
will also work but i never tried it.

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 9:05 PM, Sai Chaitanya Chitneedi <
chaitanya.nom...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Devindrappa,
> 1.Could you please post new ppp-log. It would have changed for sure.
> 2.As venkat suggests remove rild startup from init.rc and re run and see
what happens. Comment out the rild service.
> 3.I will look into the error but ril has very little influence, if not
none, in establishing a data connection. The ril is doing everything it is
supposed to do. It is for telephony services only.
> 4.I'm not sure but i think "the preffered network type" has to do with a
AT command which sets whether to look for a 2G or 3G network first {or} the
network scan order to register in the specific network. It sets its order
to scan for networks. It is for 3G modems. I had experience with it when i
was working with a huawei modem. It may not apply in your case because your
modem doesn't support 3G and hence it's AT command is not accepted. I will
look into it and get back to you with confirm answer.
> 5.IF you think it is a sim lock for the time being you can simply replace
the sim and go ahead. A lock is sim specific. A modem won't report a lock
unless sim states so.

devindrapp...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi Chaitanya,
>>
>> 1. I tried with all your script but getting same error :
>> I/pppd    ( 1394): ######## Starting pppd
>> I/pppd    ( 1396): ######## pppd additional arguments
>> E/pppd    ( 1397): Connect script failed
>> I/pppd    ( 1400): ######### pppd exited with 0
>>
>> 2. When i do logcat -b radio
>> on logcat -b radio, i see following log message
>> [0081]< REQUEST_GET_PREFERRED_NETWORK_TYPE error:
com.android.internal.telephony.CommandException: REQUEST_NOT_SUPPORTED
>> What do meant by this error.
>>
>> 3. Please advice, if the RIL i have ported is minimal for Phone and SMS
only and need to be supported for Network as well, as the radio log message
dumps as
>> [0081]< REQUEST_GET_PREFERRED_NETWORK_TYPE error:
com.android.internal.telephony.CommandException: REQUEST_NOT_SUPPORTED

>> Do i need to implemenet in RIL 'GET_PREFERRED_NETWORK_TYPE' and
'SET_PREFERRED_NETWORK_TYPE'? or am i missing anything else as well, as i
see in setttings->security settings, my SIM LOCK is enabled by default, do
i have to unlock it? if so,it asks for a PIN as well.

>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Devindrappa
>>

>> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Sai Chaitanya Chitneedi <
chaitanya.nom...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hi venkat,
>>> for running from init.rc simply put your command in a script and add
the script as a service. You can follow instructions here :-
http://afewe.wordpress.com/android-arm-development/use-point-to-point-protocol-ppp-in-android/
Just modify the non commented /system/bin/pppd /dev/ttyUSB0 115200 mo......
line with your command and add this in your init.rc file

>>> service pppd_gprs /etc/ppp/init.gprs-pppd
>>>    user root
>>>    group radio cache inet misc
>>>

>>> If you run pppd and rild together what error are you getting? if your
modem is getting disconnected then i may not be able to help bcoz i don't
have the same modem. But if the problem is that you are getting above error
log then the problem is that after at+cgdcont=1... your modem is not giving
OK response it is giving new line characters and timing out. Did you want
it to send a newline character after "CellOne" ~ ^M. if not, then that may
be the culprit. Or may be your modem is not able to complete the request
before the timeout.

0.0.0.0:10.0.0.1 noipdefault ipcp-accept-local connect '/system/bin/chat -v
-s -f /system/etc/p

time... here i am using mux concept also.. !!!!!!!!

have been connection the net ..

devindrapp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
telephone services. If so please give me some hints.

kvraju....@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
Assuming it works well, it seems like a permission problem or a locked
socket problem. do a "lsof" on /dev/socket/rild (socket used by android to
communicate with ril daemon) for any exsting locks and check its
permissions. Try with the physical port first,after killing the rild. Then
try with your virtual port.

please correct me.

the physical port to virtual port **********/

the bellow command for GSM as well as gprs with new virtual serial port.