Hello Christopher,
do you know if it is possible to add  car-support-lib.jar directly to the
SDK modifying for example the file ./development/build/sdk.atree?

Maybe adding a line like the one for the main android.jar...

# Main Public API jar
${OUT_DIR}/target/common/obj/PACKAGING/android_jar_intermediates/android.jar

platforms/${PLATFORM_NAME}/android.jar

BR,
Alessio