On Wednesday, August 3, 2011 4:01:39 AM UTC-4, patrick Immling wrote:

> @Chris: So the ONLY way exploits gets into the Android is by means of Apps.

No, not at all. Most are initially done using adb.  A few have been done via
web pages and the like.

> Or to elaborate, even native exploits are hidden inside an apk and then
> distributed.

If someone is doing something nefarious, or providing a legitimate tool to
users who don't want to use adb, yes.

What about manipulating some library and letting users use this .so? Is it
> even possible? And since any App calling this library would say, get root
> permission and do some damage??
> I am only musing loudly as to what possibilities exist to attack android.

Leaning about how security works on linux (or unix like OS's in general)
first would be a starting point; then you look at the decisions - both usual
and unusual - made in the security design of android.