All,

You are invited to one of the most important open source conference of the year: OOoCon 2006. To be held in Lyon, France, from 11-13 September, the conference will surely be the most enjoyable!

This, our fourth conference, celebrates a year of triumphs. Governments, led by France, have adopted OpenOffice.org, replacing the proprietary Microsoft Office. Corporations such as Novell have switched entirely; and we have tracked over 67.5 million downloads to date. All want a suite that uses an open standard for the file format, that is flexible, that is easy to learn, and that is free.

And the technology is getting better. With OpenOffice.org, developers can create extensions that add features and functionality. They can localize it for new languages faster than before. At the moment, we count over 75 languages, most supported. And users can install OpenOffice.org on both PPC and Intel Macs.

All this has made OpenOffice.org, both the project and product, one of the most important forces in software history. Come to the conference to learn what governments, businesses, and developers are planning for the future. Come to hear keynotes by chief representatives of Novell, IBM, Sun, Google, and Ars Aperta speak on OpenOffice.org and its democratic file format, the OpenDocument Format. Come to see the new technologies, services, and information being exhibited by our sponsors, including Insa, CUsoon, IBM, Sun, Intel, NeoOffice, GrandLyon, Ville de Lyon, O3 Spaces, Google, and SCAI.

Or just come for the fun. OOoCon is known for its conviviality and for the interesting people it brings together. There is no other event like it. We hope to see you there!

-The OpenOffice.org Team

About OpenOffice.org

The OpenOffice.org Community is an international team of volunteer and
sponsored contributors who develop, support, and promote the leading
open-source office productivity suite, OpenOffice.orgĀ®.

OpenOffice.org supports the Open Document Format for Office
Applications (OpenDocument) OASIS Standard (ISO/IEC 26300) as well as legacy industry
file formats and is available on major computing platforms in over 65
languages. OpenOffice.org is provided under the GNU Lesser General
Public Licence (LGPL).

The OpenOffice.org Community acknowledges generous sponsorship from a
number of companies, including Sun Microsystems, the founding sponsor and
primary contributor.

Links

The OpenOffice.org Community can be found at http://www.openoffice.org
The OpenOffice.org office productivity suite may be downloaded free of
charge from http://download.openoffice.org
Further information about the suite may be found at
http://www.openoffice.org/product

Press Contacts

John McCreesh (UTC +01h00)
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project Lead
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
+44 (0)7 810 278 540

Cristian Driga (UTC +0200)
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project Co-Lead
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
+40 7887 000 60

Louis Suarez-Potts (UTC -04h00)
OpenOffice.org Community Manager