The OpenOffice.org Community is pleased to announce the release of OpenOffice.org 2.4.2, a minor update of OpenOffice.org 2.4.1 released in June 2008. OpenOffice.org 2.4.2 (EN-US for Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and Solaris) is available for immediate download from http://download.openoffice.org. Please contact the appropriate native-language project http://projects.openoffice.org/native-lang.html for details of availability in other languages, and the appropriate porting project http://porting.openoffice.org for details of other platforms.

Full details of the changes and bugs fixed may be found in the release notes http://development.openoffice.org/releases/2.4.2.html. For details of security vulnerabilities fixed, please see our security bulletin http://www.openoffice.org/security/bulletin.html. To our knowledge, none of these vulnerabilities has been exploited; however, in accordance with industry best practice, we recommend all users of prior versions to upgrade to 2.4.2 or 3.0.

OpenOffice.org 2.4.2 is the thirteenth release in the 2.x series (launched in October 2005). It is provided as a service to users who are not yet ready to move to OpenOffice.org 3.0, which was announced earlier this month and has already recorded over six million downloads.

If you appreciate the work done by the OpenOffice.org Community and would like to help us, please visit http://contributing.openoffice.org.

The OpenOffice.org Community