The problem you're showing (LinkageError) is most likely due to one classloader
attempting to load a class that its parent
classloader already loaded.  It's a failure on the custom loader's part to delegate to
its parent properly.  In this case, the Xalan
class and Ant itself both tried to load the commonly used org.xml.sax.InputSource
class (Ant loaded it first, in order to process
the build.xml).

The solution I would recommend is to use fork="true" in your java task.

Scott Stirling
Framingham, MA