I think this is a great idea. Learn by example! The build files of the
larger projects can be very informative but require some knowledge about
the Ant system. And as I see it, Ant needs some (inqubation) time before
a user can fully understand and grasp the package. (In which I mean
'create the script he/she wants too')

I found myself most of the time asking; 'How should I do this?'. After
reading the relevant pages in the manual I was thinking: 'A little
worked out example would be nice.'

Well, to cut things short. I think it would be nice to have such a
gallery and I'm willing to host such a project.

Sincerely,

Joel Wijngaarde