AP. 28 November 2001. War on Terrorism Will Enter Second Phase, Blair
Said.

LONDON -- The war on terrorism will enter a "deliberative and
considered" new phase that will take it beyond the current campaign in
Afghanistan, Prime Minister Tony Blair said Wednesday.

"I have always said there would be two phases of this operation. The
first is in Afghanistan and our military action is focused in
Afghanistan," Blair told lawmakers in the House of Commons.

"The second is, in a deliberative and considered way, to take what
action we can against international terrorism in all its forms," he
said.

Blair was responding to a lawmaker who asked him to rule out military
action by the U.S.-led coalition against other countries such as Yemen,
Somalia or Iraq.

The prime minister did not say whether future "action" against terrorism
would be military, but noted that countries that harbored terrorists or
developed weapons to be used by them would be treated as terrorists.

"That has been the position from the beginning," Blair said. "It is the
position of myself, the American administration and everyone else in the
international coalition and that remains the case."

Barry Stoller
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ProletarianNews