http://www.ptd.net/webnews/wed/au/Qlithuania-britain.Rz82_DM7.html

Lithuania signs memorandum with Britain on joint
military exercises

VILNIUS, March 7 (AFP) - The Baltic state of Lithuania
on Friday signed a memorandum with Britain with a view
to organising joint military exercises, in the first
such paper signed with a NATO country, the Lithuanian
defence ministry said.

"This document will simplify some of the procedures
and will facilitate our cooperation," Defence Minister
Linas Linkevicius told AFP.

"It also could be seen as a guideline for our future
cooperation inside NATO," he added.

He said similar documents could be signed with other
NATO member states in the near future.

Lithuania was invited to join the transatlantic
military alliance at its summit in Prague last
November.

It is on course to sign its NATO accession protocol in
March and to become a fully-fledged member in 2004.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/