Hi Cyan,

Yes, there's still a few subscribers.

Do you know if this connection dropping happens mostly when there is a
lot of activity or more frequently when there is very low activity?

I recall a few edge cases in the thread pooling where a thread would in
some circumstances wait until another connection came in before running,
and there might have been a related case where a connection could get
dropped.  IIRC, these both happened generally when there was low traffic
(or more specifically low concurrent traffic).  Playing with maxconns
might diminish the problem in this case.

You also mention favicon.ico; is it mostly or always that?  It's notable
for being a small static file, which could point to other causes, like a
corrupt interpreter state as Peter suggested.  Or there might be some
weirdness with mmap if you have that enabled.

One other thought, can you switch to naviserver?  The connection
handling there has evolved somewhat differently not to mention more
recently) than aolserver, but programming-wise there are not a lot of
differences.

-J