Under 2.3.3, if a scheduled proc did a [ns_thread getid], it got back
a number that corresponded to a Linux process (on Linux, every thread
is a separate process).  That isn't the case with 3.4 for scheduled
procs.  I don't know what the number is/means.

The AD version has a special SEGV sig handler to kill the main process
if compiled under Linux.  This isn't in the 3.4 version.  The "hanging
around" behavior under Linux means that init won't restart the server
if it segv's.  Lots of hassles because of this.

Jim