Are you exec'ing anything in the scheduled proc?  I've seen some
weirdness in the past with execs getting hung, although not much
recently.  I think it was more of an OS (Linux) issue.

We've used scheduled procs for years w/o any problems on all of our
servers, though we only have a handful (of scheduled procs), like 10.
whereas I've read that ACS has lots of them.

A suggestion would be to run more complex stuff in detached threads
that you launch from the scheduled proc rather than in the scheduled
proc itself.  Then if it screws up, you won't tie up the scheduler
thread.

Jim