On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 05:46:18PM -0400, Jason Saunders wrote:

> Because I can already program in C and haven't taken time to figure
> out tcl.

FYI, in the last few months I've gotten into hacking on AOLserver C
modules for the first time, after several years of being away from C
almost completely.  I've been very postively impressed by just how
convenient it is to define my own new Tcl commands in C, and how
enormously useful it's been to then use those commands to implement
all my higher level logic in Tcl, rather than having to do everything
in C.

Of course, as others have said, the AOLserver and Tcl C APIs (Ns_Set,
Tcl_HashTable, etc.) are very useful in and of themselves, even if you
never touch Tcl code at all.

--
Andrew Piskorski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.piskorski.com