Hi,

I'm the one who asked Kriston to change aolserver.com to point to
SourceForge. Here's why:

- With the exception of the documentation, the rest of the site already
pointed to tools on SourceForge, this move just completes the migration.

- While the short term situation with the documentation is admittedly
less then ideal, having the documentation administered via SourceForge
tools should allow everyone to more easily contribute and update the
docs. All of the documentation is still available via a downloadable
tar ball which can be installed locally in the mean time.

A quick heads up on some of the work going on here at AOL with regards
to AOLserver. You may have noticed an aolserver_v35_bp in CVS. 3.5 is
basically the same code base as 3.4.2 but with Tcl ripped out. To
compile 3.5, you'll need to check out and compile Tcl 8.4. The whole
configure and Makefile setup is identical to what you can expect in
4.0. The 3.5 version was done to help ease the migration to 4.0. Once
some more internal testing is complete, we'll tag the code and provide
some 3.5 binaries.

Work on AOLserver 4.0 is nearing completion as well. I'll update
everyone once we've got some more firm dates. Part of the work going on
with 4.0 is to update the Tcl and C documentation.

The contributions by the AOLserver community are valuable and very much
appreciated. With the move to SourceForge now complete, there shouldn't
be any further changes to the site - now it's up to you! Please feel
free to drop me email with any suggestions. Thanks again!

- Nathan Folkman
- [EMAIL PROTECTED]