In a message dated 9/23/2002 11:42:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> What I would really like to see is a better wakeup mechanism so that
> all of the threads don't wake up at once when a new request comes in.
> I think that's how it works now in many cases, though don't know for
> sure.

Hello,

I just checked the 3.x and 4.0 code and the connection queue uses
Ns_CondSignal to wakeup a single thread, not broadcast, so it should be doing
the right thing.

Otherwise, the NTPL stuff looks interesting - appears to fix long standing
Linux thread issues such as signal handling and waitpid.

-Jim