In a message dated 1/27/2003 10:43:28 AM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

foreach i_index [array names counter_A] {

set temp_counter_A($i_index) $conter_A($i_index)
set temp_counter_B($i_index) $conter_B($i_index)

unset $conter_A($i_index)
unset $conter_B($i_index)

}

Is the above the actual snippet from the code?  If so, my guess is the typos ($conter_A, $conter_B instead of $counter_A &$counter_B) are throwing errors and the mutex is not getting freed, causing deadlocking in your app.  Removing the ns_mutex lines from the code wouldn't fix the errors, but the deadlocks would not occur.  Are there any errors in your server log during the times the proc_doc Y runs?

I'm guessing the code above is not the actual code, but in addition to Rich's comment, your "unset" lines should not have var substitution ($), but rather should just be the varname itself:

unset conter_A($i_index)
unset conter_B($i_index)
      ^-- should be no "$"

-- michael