On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 02:40:11AM -0800, Jeff Hobbs wrote:

> I added that warning in myself after getting enough reports.  I narrowed
> the size to 2400K to match the default Tcl eval stack recursion limit of
> 1000.  I think 4M is more than you need, 1M will likely do it, and 2400K
> covers all the bases.

Jeff, for those of us not especially familiar with the Tcl internals,
could you give or point us to a basic explanation of how and why Tcl
uses the C stack, as opposed to being "stackless"?  (A Google search
for "stackless Tcl" turns up some interesting links, but doesn't seem
to really answer this question.)

--
Andrew Piskorski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.piskorski.com