Bas Scheffers wrote:
Makes sense. So what is cleared up in the interpreter after each request?
Looking at the slides, there is a "command table" and a "variable table".
Looking at Wojciech's post, it seems any procedures created/packages
loaded in the current interpreter stay there, is that correct?

From what I noticed, procs stay, variables not, however nothing outside global namespace is cleaned up. This is imho good, since packages can store data in namespaced variables.

I think it would be reasonable to develop some package loading/saving
feature. I could code one (better one than I have now) in C (speed
issues), but never had the time. My current ns_pkg is at
www.nsstuff.zoro.tcl.pl, if anyone's interested.

And what about variables, are they preserved as well or cleared out?
Is there ane special consideration for any namespace variables?
> (ie: $::foo::bar)

This one showed that no namespaced variables are cleaned up by AOLserver

<% namespace eval z {} %>

::a <%=[info exists ::a]%><BR>
::z::a <%=[info exists ::z::a]%><BR>

<% set ::a b %>
<% set ::z::a b %>

After about 100 requests the results were:
::a 0
::z::a 1

(at the beginning it was 0 0)

--
WK
(written at Stardate 57153.5)

"Data typing is an illusion. Everything is a sequence of bytes."
                                                             -Todd Coram

I. To remove yourself from this list:

Send a message to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"  with the following text in
the BODY of your message:

signoff aolserver

II. For a complete list of listserv options please visit:

http://listserv.aol.com/

III. For more AOLserver information please visit:

http://www.aolserver.com/