On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 10:08:19AM -0500, Jeremy Cowgar wrote:

> All users are added when their network account is setup. Session management is
> already complete (to the degree I need it) in about 90 lines of code (checks
> for a cookie, set's a cookie on login, etc...). I have no real need for

Then why are you asking?  If you already did all the work to avoid
using OpenACS, then of COURSE switching to OpenACS would be extra
work, certainly counter-productive in the short term, and perhaps even
counter-productive in the long term as well.  Seems to me you are
taking the work put into your existing system as given, and pretending
you got all that for free, which ain't so.

> Maybe I need to reconsider OpenACS for another product I am working on in my
> spare time. Development really has not begun on it, I have been in the spec

Ah, so your choice is not between no toolkit and the OpenACS toolkit,
but between the in-house toolkit you used on a previous project, and
the OpenACS toolkit.  A very different issue.  If you want advice, you
should probably describe your specific needs and concerns re. OpenACS
and ask for more details on the openacs.org forums.

--
Andrew Piskorski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.piskorski.com

To Remove yourself from this list: http://www.aolserver.com/listserv.html