Dossy Shiobara wrote:
On 2005.02.08, John Sequeira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"Could" or "does"?  What /does/ the FastCGI ISAPI module for IIS do?
Does it get the NTLM auth data and pass it along, decrypted, to the
FastCGI app.?

Yes and No -- the FastCGI/DLL or cgi-fcgi don't do this on their own.
_IIS_ does the decryption, and FastCGI proxies the decrypted info
provided by IIS backwards to the external server (i.e. AOLServer).

But seriously, let's not fixate on ntlm (unless you're just curious) --
I'm using it as an example of what a FastCGI architecture could do from
a technical standpoint, but this isn't a technology-motivated
proposition as you and Don point out.

Sure, lets aim for the end of March. I know it's a long time between now and then, but there's really no point in me giving an earlier date if I couldn't hit it. Who knows, I might have something testable by next weekend ...

Dossy, that's phenomenal. Thanks. I'll write docs and test whenever you get something.

John Sequeira
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/1780

-- AOLserver - http://www.aolserver.com/