On 2005.06.27, Janine Sisk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks, Jim.  Does that include both problems, or just the first one?
> I'm still stuck on the second problem, so any hints would be greatly
> appreciated!

You're referring to this, right:

> I thought I had saved the day, but I ended up stuck on this:
>
> libnsd.so: undefined reference to `pthread_kill_other_threads_np'
>
> That's in nsd/unix.c, in FatalSignalHandler:
>
> #ifdef __linux
>     /*
>      * LinuxThreads thread manager needs to kill all child threads
>      * on fatal signals, else they get left behind as dead threads.
>      * As of glibc 2.3 with NPTL, this should be a no-op.
>      */
>
>     pthread_kill_other_threads_np();
> #endif
>
> This system has glibc 2.3.5,, but I don't know if I have NPTL or not.
> The system on which this builds just fine has glibc 2.3.4.

This was my fault, being overzealous in the very broad #ifdef check.
Really need to test for LinuxThreads and use #ifdef HAVE_LINUXTHREADS.
Newer Linux has NPTL and not LinuxThreads.

You can just comment out the pthread_kill_other_threads_np() line and
you should be fine.

To check whether your system is using LinuxThreads or NPTL, you can try
this:

    $ getconf GNU_LIBPTHREAD_VERSION
    NPTL 0.60

That's from my system, running Debian with a custom 2.6.10 kernel and
libc6 2.3.2, here.

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara                       mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]