I understand developers might be able to understand what you mentioned , being a sysadmin it is a bit hard for me to understand LD_PRELOAD and compiling tcl not to use threaded allocator .

 i would really appreciate  if the above mentioned "basically" paragraph be explained more .

"Basically what you need to do is compile Tcl so that it doesn't use the threaded allocator, and instead uses regular malloc() and free(). "

I tried in tcl source "./configure --help" to find out how can i do what u mentioned , but could not find any help how to , not use,  threaded allocator and instead use malloc() and free() .

" Then compile tcmalloc,  "

If i compile tcmalloc is this a standalone procedure or do i need to mention aolserver location in anyway .

" and finally LD_PRELOAD tcmalloc at AOLserver startup time. This will override malloc() and free()."

How do i do that ?

Nathan Folkman wrote:
Basically what you need to do is compile Tcl so that it doesn't use the threaded allocator, and instead uses regular malloc() and free(). Then compile tcmalloc, and finally LD_PRELOAD tcmalloc at AOLserver startup time. This will override malloc() and free(). Hope that helps!

- n