You need to start it as root to listen on port 80 and pre-bind nsd to the port, by adding
 -b 64.58.34.71:80

e.g.
/usr/local/aolserver/bin/nsd -ft ./nsd.tcl -u something -g something  -b 64.58.34.71:80

Thorpe Mayes wrote:
When trying to start a newly installed version of aolserver, I get this error:

Error: nssock: failed to listen on 64.58.34.71:80: Permission denied

What folder/file does not have the correct permissions?

Here is what I am using to start the server:

/usr/local/aolserver/bin/nsd -ft ./nsd.tcl -u something -g something

Thank you.

Thorpe

body of "SIGNOFF AOLSERVER" in the email message. You can leave the Subject: field of your email blank.

--
Patrick O'Leary

AOL Syndication Technologies
Phone: + 1 703 265 8763

Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defense !
View Patrick O Leary's LinkedIn profileView Patrick O Leary's profile

-- AOLserver - http://www.aolserver.com/

To Remove yourself from this list, simply send an email to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> with the body of "SIGNOFF AOLSERVER" in the email message. You can leave the Subject: field of your email blank.