Hi,

The function ns_tmpnam() defined in ..../$aolsrv_src/nsd/tclfile.c generates
temp file names.  This function uses the tmpnam() C function and it works ok
on Linux and all the files are stored in the tmp dir which is defined as
P_tmpdir in the stdio.h file.

However, in the Win32 stdio.h file, P_tmpdir seems to be defined as "/"
which is causing all the temp files generated by ns_tmpnam() (
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x8x7sakw(VS.80).aspx ) to be stored
in the root dir instead of the temp one.

Had you seen this before?
In terms of performance, scalability and stability, Do you think that would
be safe if I just replace the "tmpnam(buf)" by "tempnam (getenv("TMP"),
NULL) in the ns_tmpnam() function?  This way would let me make sure 100%
that all the files are being stored in my temp dir.

Thanks,
Enrique