William Scott Jordan wrote:
Hey all!

This is really more of a tcl question, but I'm hoping that someone on the list might have an explanation. Why does [format %.2f 18.005] round down to "18.00" and [format %.2f 1.415] round up to "1.42"? Any guesses? Am I missing something obvious here?

Tcl version 8.4, if it matters.

Thanks!

-William

Set tcl_precision to 17 to see the fullest expansion of the value that tcl will work with.

% set tcl_precision 17
17
% expr 18.005
18.004999999999999
% expr 1.415
1.415
%

The rounding I think is obvious at that point.

-J

To Remove yourself from this list, simply send an email to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> with the body of "SIGNOFF AOLSERVER" in the email message. You can leave the Subject: field of your email blank.