Hello,

I am finally taking on the task of migrating the Fortress Core to use Apache
LDAP API!

So, I have found this:
https://directory.apache.org/api/migration-guide.html

Which did help me get started.  Actually, the code compiles (in this branch):

https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core/tree/FC-238

And most of the tests pass.

But, there are several problem areas, documented here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FC-238

Taking #1 from this list:

// TODO: FIXME #1
I switched from this:        //PoolableObjectFactory<LdapConnection>
poolFactory = new ValidatingPoolableLdapConnectionFactory( config );

To:
PooledObjectFactory<LdapConnection> poolFactory = new
ValidatingPoolableLdapConnectionFactory( config );

But can’t use these:        //adminPool.setWhenExhaustedAction(
GenericObjectPool.WHEN_EXHAUSTED_GROW );
//adminPool.setMaxActive( max );

Not sure what the workaround is for these two settings.

Any ideas?

—
Shawn