On 6/22/21 3:47 PM, Shawn McKinney wrote:
> I switched from this:        //PoolableObjectFactory<LdapConnection>
> poolFactory = new ValidatingPoolableLdapConnectionFactory( config );
>
> To:
> PooledObjectFactory<LdapConnection> poolFactory = new
> ValidatingPoolableLdapConnectionFactory( config );
>

> But can’t use these:        //adminPool.setWhenExhaustedAction(
> GenericObjectPool.WHEN_EXHAUSTED_GROW );

I the changelog
https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-pool/changes-report.html I found

> Remove WhenExhuastedAction.GROW since it is equivalent to
WhenExhuastedAction.FAIL with a maxActive value of Integer.MAX_VALUE.

> //adminPool.setMaxActive( max );

According to the git log this was rnamed to maxTotal

https://github.com/apache/commons-pool/commit/c7d527543868ea2835e609e072b8a6423d4d99cb

If I understand correctly the new way it set maxTotal to a large number
(Integer.MAX_VALUE).