> On Jul 4, 2021, at 8:08 AM, Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de> wrote:
>
> On 7/3/21 7:26 PM, Shawn McKinney wrote:
>> That is when TLSv1.3 was added as a default enabled protocol in the API,
>> fortress started having LDAPS connections problems.
>>
>> Specifically, connections hang during bind ops, as they’re retrieved from
>> the pool.
>>
>> Looking at the server log, the bind was successful, but the API's async
>> handler (ignores?) times out.
>
> Can you please explain the steps to reproduce this issue? Does it happen
> when running the Fortress integration tests? Or the load tests? And only
> when testing against OpenDLAP or also when testing against ApacheDS?

Anytime LDAPS is enabled it happens.  Oddly, sometimes it'll successfully
connects on the first operation, but usually not. Regardless, timeouts always
happen on all subsequent binds.

So, yes happens during integration tests with OpenLDAP.  Or, when trying to run
a load:

https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core#section-10-instructions-to-load-policy-data-using-apache-fortress-load-utility

Or, the console:

https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core#section-12-instructions-to-run-the-apache-fortress-command-console

I’ve tested the latest with ApacheDS, but not with LDAPS - yet.

I don’t think it’s server dependent as I’ve noticed the TLS connection and
binds are successful with OpenLDAP before the timeout in the API.

But, testing latest w/ LDAPS and ApacheDS is on my list of todos.

—
Shawn