Jorg,

Below is code to do such a thing with C++.  Basically you need to work with
a FeatureStateEvent and set the State to the text you want.  The
documentation does not say that this is what State is used for, but looking
up that class and XStatusListener should help.

Keith

void SAL_CALL MyMenu::addStatusListener(const Reference<XStatusListener>&
xStatusListener,
const URL& url) throw (RuntimeException) {
FeatureStateEvent featureStateEvent;

featureStateEvent.Source = (XDispatch*) this;
if (url.Complete.equals(MY_MENU_LOGOUT_URL)) {
OUString state = OUSTRING("Logout ~<");
state += OUSTRING(": ") + getFirstAndLast();
featureStateEvent.State = Any(state);
}
xStatusListener->statusChanged(featureStateEvent);
}