David,
My Chaparral label does mention apple. I don't have access to the label at
the moment, but I will in a few days. This herbicide is also very effective
in weed control in your strips. I now spray once with Chaparral and maybe
once with roundup rather than 4-6 times with roundup. (per season) I'm sure
if you contact Dow they will fill you in. I'll get a chance to read my label
and get back to you in a few days. Also, consider Paraquat. This is a very
effective material for sucker burn down. I think Paraquat is also labeled
for apple.
Hugh