Hi!

I’m not sure I understand:

> Just my personal experience, dont know if any studies made, I think a lot of
> the problem is copper deficiancy,

Your hypothesis is that copper deficiency in trees make them more prone to get
fire blight (FB)?

Your dormant/Spring sprays of copper knock down bacteria populations, so it’s
not surprising you see less FB. This is why copper is routinely recommended.
But because of russet on certain cultivars, this is not a popular solution with
growers.

> mine. Most of my FB is shoot blight, I think strep sprays are a waste of $$$.

It’s true strep is not useful if conditions favorable for FB are not
encountered during bloom.

But strep is a life saving investment when blossom blight conditions do occur!

Vincent

Vincent Philion, agr., M.Sc.
Microbiologiste/Phytopathologiste (pomiculture)

Institut de recherche et de développement en agro-environnement
Research and Development Institute for the Agri-Environment

www.irda.qc.ca

Centre de recherche
335, Rang des Vingt-Cinq Est
Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville (Québec)  J3V 0G7

vincent.phil...@irda.qc.ca