Package: aptitude
Version: 0.8.13-5
Severity: normal

Dear maintainer,

If I run aptitude inside xterm, and click on an aptitude TUI element (say, a
particular
package), that package will be selected.  If, instead, I am running aptitude
inside tmux,
and I click on said element, it appears many garbage characters are sent to
aptitude,
including probably m and M, (the symptom is the automatic install state of
packages changes).

If I manually set TERM=xterm inside the tmux window, everything works.
Alternatively, outside
of tmux, if I set TERM=tmux-256color I get the same bad behavior in aptitude.

If I downgrade all ncurses packages to 6.4+20231016, I don't get this behavior.
 Maybe this
bug should instead be assigned to ncurses?

Best,
Antonio Russo