Pete wrote:

>   L.D. brings up an interesting point.
>   Windows is a multitasking OS. If one is running several progs at once,
> including Arachne, and hits "F8", could the loss of \TEMP contents hang
> other progs or maybe even Windows itself?

Pete brings up an interesting point.

The TEMP is _supposed_ to be on ramdisk.
Everyone is talking as if Arachne should be using a TEMP on HD.
There is no POINT. Earlier versions did NOT need or use TEMP.

This invention was a speed enhancement.
You get no speed enhancement if TEMP is on a medium as slow as CACHE.

So, again I say, Arachne should look for ARACHNETEMP, and if it is not
set then she should make _NO_ use of TEMP at all.

-  Clarence Verge
--
-  Help stamp out FATWARE.  As a start visit: http://home.arachne.cz/