On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Brown, Carlton
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Is there some other, more decisive manual way to force it to re-scan the
>  entire filesystem and recreate the metadata files?

Sure.  Stop Archiva, and delete both the Lucene index files and the
Archiva database.

Look for a .index directory at the top of your repository.  Delete the
whole directory, not just the contents.  Likewise, delete the whole
directory for the Derby database, which is usually in
data/archiva/database.

Re-start, and then scan and update (in that order.)

When you say they can't be browsed, are you seeing an error message?

I've had problems when I'm missing a parent pom in the repository.  It
will say it can't find the object model or some such thing.

What version of Archiva are you using?  Is it standalone (Plexus
Appserver) or are you using the war file in Tomcat/Jetty/etc.?

--
Wendy