Sorry for the pedantic question, but is "archiva.default" a special
ID, or should this ID be changed to match the ID of the repository in
the Archiva "Managed Repositories" section that we want "*" to go to?
Or is it just specific to the <mirrors> elements? I suspect it's the
latter.

But, in any case, for some reason when I try "mvn site" I get:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] The plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-project-info-reports-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: The plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-project-info-reports-plugin' does not
exist or no valid versi
on could be found
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyReportPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1326)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getReports(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:662)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getReports(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:650)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:517)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:480)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:459)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
        at
        at
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.version.PluginVersionNotFoundException:
The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-project-info-reports-plugin'
does not exis
t or no valid version could be found
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePluginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:228)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolveReportPluginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:97)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyReportPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:509)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyReportPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1297)
        ... 19 more
[INFO] Total time: 10 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Sun Mar 23 20:44:31 MDT 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 4M/8M

My Archiva repository has two managed repositories: "access.release"
and "access.snapshot". The release repository has several proxy
connections to various public release repositories, including
repo1.maven.org.

If I try to browse to my Archiva repository I'm prompted to do
BasicAuth; when I submit my archiva admin webapp credentials, I can
see that my repository does not contain this plugin, but the proxy
connector should pick that up, right? I don't know why I'm being
prompted for BasicAuth - I didn't configure it anywhere, and I can't
seem to turn it off, either. So, can I turn off BasicAuth? Is the
authentication the reason I can't resolve this plugin? Or do I need a
profile with pluginRepositories which identify this same repository as
my plugin repository?

Any ideas?

  Maven version: 2.0.7
  Java version: 1.6.0_03
  OS name: "windows xp" version: "5.1" arch: "x86"

(Side question: why do we even need to distinguish the plugin
repository from non-plugin repositories? Isn't it just a set of
artifacts which happen to b Maven plugins?)

Thanks,

-Jan