Hi,

I configured Archiva 1.0.1 running with Tomcat 6.0.13 under Windows XP.
All works fine, when I use the "localhost" configuration as described.

[settings.xml]
    <mirror>
      <id>archiva.default</id>
      <name>Archiva Internal Repository</name>
      <url>http://localhost:8080/archiva/repository/internal</url>
      <mirrorOf>central</mirrorOf>
    </mirror>

In my pom.xml I have

<properties>

<repositories.root>http://localhost:8080/archiva/repository</repositories.root>
</properties>

<repository>
      <id>internal</id>
      <name>Archiva Managed Internal Repository</name>
      <url>${repositories.root}/internal/</url>
      <releases>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
      </releases>
      <snapshots>
        <enabled>false</enabled>
      </snapshots>
    </repository>

When I switch to a real remote host (Computername=D580231), lets say

      <url>http://D580231:8080/archiva/repository/internal</url>

Archiva doesn´t start to download anything, in the console or log file of
Archiva there´s no entry.
When I paste the "downloading from ....." message from the Maven Output to
my Webbrowser, all works fine.

Is there any additional configuration to do to get Maven to download
missing artifacts via Archiva not running on localhost?

Thanx, Torsten