From: arie-l-boun...@mailman2.u.washington.edu
[mailto:arie-l-boun...@mailman2.u.washington.edu] On Behalf Of Jackie Burns
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:49 AM
To: odysse...@iris.atlas-sys.com; ARIE-L@u.washington.edu
Subject: [ARIE-L] Sharing Violation Error when receiving

We installed Odyssey 3.0 standalone yesterday.  We have it on a Windows XP
computer which is attached to a Fujitsu fi-6230 scanner.  We also have Ariel
3.4 running on the same computer.  Everything is working fine, except that we
get the following error when opening a document in the Odyssey Awaiting Review
queue.

A general fault of the MSG_OPENDS response. (Internally)

There has been a sharing violation. Twain source may be in use.  (Code: DS50171)

This seems very odd to me as receiving a document should not involve the Twain
driver, should it?

We have successfully scanned and sent documents via Odyssey and were sure to
close Ariel before doing so.  We are, however,  keeping Ariel open when
receiving Odyssey documents.

We are able to process the received document, but must deal with (click out of)
the error each time.  Does anyone know how to correct this error or get rid of
it?

Thanks for any help!

Jackie Burns
Distance Education Librarian
Missouri Western State University Library
4525 Downs Drive
St. Joseph, MO 64507
816-271-5803
jbu...@missouriwestern.edu