I never thought we would be one of those libraries who put out those messages
about no longer using Ariel-but today we are. Due to the fact that Ariel
decided it wasn't going to live much longer, we put it down so it wouldn't
suffer anymore. We had a little service and said some good words, then pulled
the plug. We reconfigured our layout of equipment today, and the "Ariel
terminal" is now performing other functions.

So, LAS is no longer using Ariel. We use the other mechanism for sending and
receiving articles, Article Exchange, email, Rapid (preferably RapidX), etc. We
do not use Odyssey, and we are not an Iliad library.

Thanks for your attention.

W. Stephen Breedlove
Reference and Interlibrary Loan Librarian
Connelly Library
La Salle University Library