From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf
Of Bryan Caplan
Sent: 05 April 2002 20:34
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: re : securities analysis

William Dickens wrote:

> However, as I recall, the increase in expected returns that one gets
by following such a strategy are measured in basis points, not
percentage points as some advocates of this approach would suggest.

So Bill, are you willing to stick your neck out regarding the January
effect?  Thaler says average ROR in January is 3.5%, versus an average
of .5% for all other months.  Is this another case of basis points being
exagerated into percentage points?
--
                        Prof. Bryan Caplan
       Department of Economics      George Mason University

  "Smerdyakov suddenly raised his eyes and smiled.  'Why I smile
   you must understand, if you are a clever man,' he seemed to say."

                   Fyodor Dostoyevsky, *The Brothers Karamozov*