William Dickens wrote:

> Discount brokers can really beat a .2% annual fee with no loads on
> either end?

>Even if you have a round-trip cost of $100 for $10,000 worth of stock (you can do
>much better than this - - $14 is not out of the question) if you hold it for 20 years
>you are way ahead of a .2% annual fee.

For $10,000 worth of a single stock?  Or $10,000 of any desired bundle
of widely-held stocks?

--
                        Prof. Bryan Caplan
       Department of Economics      George Mason University

  "He wrote a letter, but did not post it because he felt that no one
   would have understood what he wanted to say, and besides it was not
   necessary that anyone but himself should understand it."
                   Leo Tolstoy, *The Cossacks*