Lynn Gray wrote:
>The implication that those who believe in the historical accuracy of the
>Bible are ignorant was inappropriate, Alex.
>
> >Forty four percent of the American public thinks that  "God created
> >human beings pretty much in their present form at one time within the
> >last 10,000 years or so." (November 1997, Gallup Poll) so why should we
> >be surprised that many Americans also support farm subsidies?

Why is this inappropriate?  Don't we have far more reason to believe
that humankind is more than 10,000 years old than we have to believe that
farm subsidies don't work?

Robin Hanson  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://hanson.gmu.edu
Asst. Prof. Economics, George Mason University
MSN 1D3, Carow Hall, Fairfax VA 22030-4444
703-993-2326  FAX: 703-993-2323