I've been trying to use FIRMA analysis
(http://www.aroma-project.org/vignettes/FIRMA-HumanExonArrayAnalysis) on my
mouse arrays (
Mouse Exon 1.0 ST Array -
http://aroma-project.org/chipTypes/MoEx-1_0-st-v1).

It looks like the scripts have completed successfully, but I have a few
questions:
1) How can I figure out which genes/exons correspond with the "unitName"
and "groupName" fields returned by "extractDataFrame(fs, addNames=TRUE)"?

http://www.aroma-project.org/vignettes/UsingGenomeGraphsWithFIRMA
implies that I can download a "NetAffx tabular text files" from Ayymetrix
and use that. However, I cannot get Affymetrix to provide me with a login
to get that file. I hoped that I could load ‘MoEx-1_0-st-v1,HB20100926.acs’
and use that to get enough probe information to reconstruct the names using
annmap, but I cannot figure out how to load the .acs file.

2) How do I run FIRMA after I change the tags?
I switch from 'MoEx-1_0-st-v1,coreR1,A20080718,MR.cdf' to
'MoEx-1_0-st-v1,U-Ensembl50,G-Affy,EP.cdf' in the hope that the Ensemble
file would have easier to interpret names.  However, after rerunning my
analysis script, it looks like aroma is reading things from intermediate
files.  I get the error message:
*Error: Cannot set CDF. The specified CDF structure
('MoEx-1_0-st-v1,U-Ensembl50,G-Affy,EP,monocell') is not compatible with
the chip type ('MoEx-1_0-st-v1,coreR1,A20080718,MR,monocell') of the CEL
file. The number of cells do not match: 279841 != 224202*

I know that FIRMA dumps many intermediate files, but I would prefer not to
delete things at random in the hope that something will eventually work.

3) How can I update the .cdf files?
I would like to use the brainarray .cdf files
(http://brainarray.mbni.med.umich.edu/Brainarray/Database/CustomCDF/CDF_download.asp)

because they are regularly updated.  However, (based on the results of the
FIRMA run) their .cdf files do not have the correct exon/gene annotations.
 I can figure out which exons should be paired with which genes from
annmap, but I cannot figure out how to store this information in the .cdf
file.

Thank you,
-Sam