On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Wei Tang <tangwei1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you, please see the info below.
>
> script
>
> dataSet_500K="EC500K"
> dsC_EC500K_Sty=doCRMAv2(dataSet_500K,chipType="Mapping250K_Sty",verbose=verbose)
> dsC_EC500K_Nsp=doCRMAv2(dataSet_500K,chipType="Mapping250K_Nsp",verbose=verbose)
>
> dataSet="EC500K"
> tags <- "ACC,-XY,BPN,-XY,RMA,A+B,FLN,-XY" ## OR## tags <-
> "ACC,-XY,BPN,-XY,AVG,A+B,FLN,-XY"
> res <- doCBS(dataSet, tags=tags, chipTypes=c("Mapping250K_Nsp",
> "Mapping250K_Sty"), verbose=-10)

Would you mind sharing the output of (all) the verbose output from the
doCBS() call?  That would help troubleshooting (I have a guess what's
going on).  It would also be useful to see the output of

print(getFullNames(dsC_EC500K_Sty))
print(getFullNames(dsC_EC500K_Nsp))

If you don't want to share this on the mailing list, you can send it
to me offline.

/Henrik

> [...]
> 1: doCBS(dataSet, tags = tags, chipTypes = c("Mapping250K_Nsp",
>        "Mapping250K_Sty"), verbose = -10)
>

>> sessionInfo()
> R version 3.0.0 (2013-04-03)
> Platform: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (64-bit)
>
> locale:
> [1] C
>
> attached base packages:
>
> other attached packages:
>  [1] R.cache_0.6.5          aroma.cn_1.3.3         DNAcopy_1.34.0
>  [4] aroma.affymetrix_2.9.4 affxparser_1.32.1      aroma.apd_0.2.3
>  [7] R.huge_0.4.1           aroma.light_1.30.2     aroma.core_2.9.5
> [10] matrixStats_0.8.1      R.rsp_0.9.6            R.devices_2.2.2
> [13] R.filesets_2.0.1       R.utils_1.23.2         R.oo_1.13.6
> [16] R.methodsS3_1.4.2

> [1] PSCBS_0.34.8 digest_0.6.3 tools_3.0.0
>

> On Wednesday, June 5, 2013 3:50:41 PM UTC-4, Henrik Bengtsson wrote:
>>
>> Hi.
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Wei Tang <tangw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi Henrik ,
>> >
>> > Thank you for you suggestion.
>> >
>> > but when I ran
>> >
>> > res <- doCBS(dataSet, tags=tags, chipTypes=c("Mapping250K_Nsp",
>> > "Mapping250K_Sty"), verbose=verbose);
>> >
>> > it complained
>> > "
>> > Error in file(pathname, open = "rb") : invalid 'description' argument
>> > "
>> >
>> > do you know how to fix it?
>>
>> 1. What does traceback() output immediately after you get that error?
>> 2. Can you show me your complete script?
>> 3. What is your sessionInfo()?
>>

>> > my situation is all paired tumor-normal, 36 paired-samples in SNP5 and
>> > additional 20 paried-samples in 500K
>> >
>> > should I use "Multi-source copy-number normalization"
>>
>> Possibly - depending on the amount of attenuation in the different
>> chip type hybridizations (depends on date, lab etc) you may see a
>> small improvement in power to detect change points.  However, even
>> without doing MSCN it is still always better to merge platforms (as
>> doCBS() does) than running only single chips, cf. Figure 6 in H.
>> Bengtsson, A. Ray, P. Spellman & T.P. Speed, A single-sample method
>> for normalizing and combining full-resolution copy numbers from
>> multiple platforms, labs and analysis methods, Bioinformatics 2009
>> [http://aroma-project.org/publications].
>>
>> > and how about using "doASCRMAv2", does the usage the same as "doCRMAv2"
>> > ?;
>>
>> That's if you plan to infer parent-specific CNs.  If you don't know
>> yet, use doASCRMAv2().  Everything should work the same with doCBS().
>>
>> /Henrik
>>

>> > Many thanks,
>> >
>> > Wei

>> > --
>> > --
>> > When reporting problems on aroma.affymetrix, make sure 1) to run the
>> > latest
>> > version of the package, 2) to report the output of sessionInfo() and
>> > traceback(), and 3) to post a complete code example.

---
"aroma.affymetrix" group.
to aroma-affymetrix+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.