Hi,

thanks for reporting on this.

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 2:09 PM, Guilherme Rocha <gvro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Does anybody know of any good tools for constructing a cdf file from affy
> pgf and clf files?
>
> It appears that such tools exist:  http://www.aroma-project.org/node/40
>
> The problem is the following 3 links in above address are broken:
>
> 1)            http://bcgc.lbl.gov/cdfFiles/flat2Cdf.R
> Flat2cdf.R (constructs a cdf file from a "flat file")

It turns out that that file is the same as

http://bioinf.wehi.edu.au/folders/mrobinson/exon/flat2Cdf.R

I've update the webpage to link to that instead (for now).

> 2)            http://bcgc.lbl.gov/cdfFiles/combineProbeInfo.pl
> combineProbeInfo.pl (combines pgf and clf files into single flat file with
> each row containing most of the information needed for each probe)

Unfortunately, I cannot locate this elsewhere.

> 3)            http://bcgc.lbl.gov/cdfFiles/addGeneId.pl
> addGeneId.pl (takes output of previous pl script and merge it with
> probeset-gene map to generate flat file needed by flat2cdf)

Unfortunately, same for this one (and the other links on that page).

If you can generate a "flat" text-files as on illustrated on that
page, you could still create a CDF.  However, note that the flat2Cdf()
function is rather specific to gene-exon chip types, so if you're
looking to create other types of CDF files, it won't work (at least
not out of the box).

I've updated http://aroma-project.org/node/40 with the following note:

Note: Several of the links to the external third party R and Perl
scripts are broken, i.e. annotateProbesets.R,
convertProbesetCSV_differentInput.pl, selectProbes.pl
combineProbeInfo.pl, addGeneId.pl.  If you have any of these files
sitting around, please consider sending them to use.  Thanks /HB
2014-01-20

Thanks,

Henrik

> Any help greatly appreciated.