Yes, you can use the CRMA v2 methods instead of the CRMA v1 method for
these older chip types as well.  The only difference is that CRMA v2
was optimized (=optimized signal-to-noise ratios) only for
GenomeWideSNP_5 and forward, but all practical purposes you can use
CRMA v2 for your needs.  I do this myself.  So, yes, run doCRMAv2().

/Henrik

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 9:20 AM, Arshi Arora <arshiaur...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Henrik,
>
> I have paired normal tumor files from chip type Mapping250K_Nsp
> I am following two vignettes -
> http://www.aroma-project.org/vignettes/PairedPSCBS-lowlevel/
>
> Vignette: Paired parent-specific copy-number segmentation
>
> and
>
> http://www.aroma-project.org/vignettes/CRMAv1/
>
> Total copy number analysis using CRMA v1 (10K, 100K, 500K)
>

> I want to get the copy number of each SNP, so I want -
>
> ##               NA06985 NA06991 NA06993 NA06994 NA07000 NA07019
> ## SNP_A-1938296 -0.0402  0.0391 -0.0518 -0.0414  0.1967  0.0476
> ## SNP_A-4259059  0.1519 -0.1174  0.2330 -0.1432 -0.2650  0.1086
> ## SNP_A-1939610 -0.4355 -0.3506 -0.0181  0.0179  0.3192  0.2245
>
> http://www.aroma-project.org/vignettes/calculating_raw_total_copy_numbers_manually/
>
> Calculating raw total copy numbers manually. This vignette tells us to
> follow vignette - Total copy number analysis using CRMA v1 (10K, 100K,
> 500K). In this vignette I am doing the normalizing steps individually.
>

> My question is -
> Instead of doing correction of allelic crosstalk, quantile normalization,
> and fragment normalization can I just do doCRMAv2 for each pair and get its
> CnChipSizeEffect and then go to the vignette of calculating raw total copy
> numbers manually?
>
> I also want the BAF of these samples and I feel as if I am basically
> repeating normalizing step in order to get these 2 tasks.
>
> I have some 150 arrays.
>
> Thanks,
> Arshi

> ---