Somehow I can't really believe this. After all, the "User is already
..." must come from somewhere. Did you really verify that the entry was
indeed modified?

You should check $ars_errstr after *every* API call, to determine
exactly where the error occurs:

my $connection = ars_Login($server,$user,$pass,undef,undef,10000,undef);
die "ars_Login: $ars_errstr" if $ars_errstr;

#ars_BeginBulkEntryTransaction( $connection ) || die($ars_errstr);
#die "ars_BeginBulkET: $ars_errstr" if $ars_errstr;

my $r = ars_SetEntry($connection, $schema, $entryId, 0, "1000000000",
  "This is a invalid incident, is just a test, ");
die "ars_SetEntry: $ars_errstr" if $ars_errstr;

#my @results = ars_EndBulkEntryTransaction( $connection, 1 );
#die "ars_EndBulkET: $ars_errstr" if $ars_errstr;

Anyway, using BulkEntryTransaction doesn't make much sense for
modifiying just one entry. (Of course I don't know if this is your real
application case).

Regards,
Thilo