Hi Björn

I have just added some documentation that describes loading in two examples
one of these is the one you have used (NC_008783):
http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Software/Artemis/v11/chado/dbloading.shtml

I did not experience the problem you seem to have with feature types.
However I had to manually add 'processed_transcript' to the SO CvTerm.

I am not sure what feature types = 1 is in you case but Artemis currently
only looks at these types to build the database manager for features that
contain residues that can be launched:

%chromosome%
%sequence%
supercontig
ultra_scaffold
golden_path_region
contig

It may be better to try to fix the feature types problem you had and then
reloading.

Regards
Tim