Hi Alex

For database type hyperlinks that are picked up in the feature editor you
can add them to the Artemis options file:

http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Software/Artemis/v11/manual/options-descriptions.htm
l#OPTIONS-HYPERLINKS

You could add something like this to that:
  FILE file:///Users/alex/

Artemis is also designed so that you can run BLAST (FASTA etc) from the Run
menu. This runs the appropriate script in the Œetc¹ directory. It creates a
link in the annotation that would look something like this:

/blastp_file="blastp/A1234.embl.seq.00001.out"

You can view these results then from the view menu. There is a detailed
description in the manual that may help:

http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Software/Artemis/v11/manual/runmenu.html

Regards
Tim