There is no straightforward way as it it depends on the number of features
and annotation as well. It usually is a matter of trial and error. The
maximum used here would be ­mx2500m which is usually more than sufficient.

The BamView window only reads in what it is displaying. It will warn you
when it is running out of memory. You may find that it is best to use the
stack view as this is quicker to compute and uses less memory.

The user plot does load all the data values in and there are more format
options now (in Artemis v12) for the userplots which you may find speed
things up. For example, you may find that specifying the base number and the
values reduces the file size and helps.

Regards
Tim